Comment NOW: Win Tickets to National Capital Barbecue Battle in DC June 25-26 2011

Picture yourself here enjoying the sights, smells and tastes of the BBQ Battle!

Who doesn't love barbecue? It is as American as apple pie and hot dogs.   It is loved by men, women and children and combines meat, fire, smoke to appeal to the carnivore in all of us. Whether it is beef, pork chicken or even fish, barbecue masters make it something special.Thanks to Safeway and Perdue,  I have tickets to the National Capital Barbecue Battle that will take place June 25-26 (yes, that is next weekend!)

Proceeds from this event, A Celebration for the Nation, benefits the Boys and Girls Clubs and has been called one of the 5 summertime events not to miss by CNN, and you can get tickets to experience the food, entertainment, and fun for yourself. In honor of Perdue's role in this event, simply comment here with your favorite sauce for barbecue chicken by and I will award pairs of tickets by random drawing  from among those who comment by June 22 5PM EST (I need time to express mail tickets to you). 

Mouth watering yet?
What can you see (and eat) at this event? On Saturday, June 25th, Perdue's corporate chef, Chris Moyer, will be hosting a chicken recipe demonstration at the Main Stage and the PERDUE ®“Sizzlin’ Chicken BBQ Contest”  will be taking place all day at Freedom Plaza. Top contestants will compete for a $40,000 prize in the Pork Barbecue Championship, and you can get tips from barbecue masters like Myron Mixon of TLC's BBQ Pitmasters, along with tons of free food samples, activities, entertainment, and a few surprises. I am looking forward to a fun time and some great food....and I hope to meet some of you there!!!

 NOTE: If you are not in the DC area or not in driving distance, feel free to share your sauce preference but note that in your comment so that tickets go to readers who can actually participate.

Comments

MimiJ said…
I love homemade bourbon bbq sauce on my chicken...yum.
Georgia Tahan said…
I personally prefer what I think they call the Kansas City style - the thicker, sweeter BBQ sauce!
Deborah Dowd said…
MimiJ - Anytime you want to share that recipe, let me know!

Georgia - Is there any bad barbecue?
Deborah Dowd said…
URGENT- Mimi and Georgia- Please email (dmdowd@verizon.net) me your mailing address so I can get your tickets to you!
bbq is so delicious at this summertime, i wish that i was to the BBQ battle ;)
spcookiequeen said…
Makes me wish I was in the DC area. I can smell it now. Hoping you are enjoying your summer.
-Gina-