Last Dance, Last Chance.... to Vote!

The last hours are ticking away, and I really need your votes to advance in Foodbuzz's Project Food Blog that seeks to crown the next food blog star!! Competition is tough, but I am hopeful that my readers as well as new visitors who have discovered Play with Food as a result of this contest will take the time to vote. GIven that there is not much time between the end of votig and time to post the next challenge, I have been thinking about what cuisone I would want to select to impress the judges, step outside my comfort zone, and intrigue my readers.

But for now, I will leave you with one of my recipes with a history: my pimento cheese recipe that my husband got from the labor and delivery nurses while I was eating ice chips and finding my focal point in labor with our 2nd daughter (she was 9 lb, 11 oz!!) This is a recipe that I get asked for all the time!

"Labor of love" pimento cheese
1 lb sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1/4-1/2 cup mayonnaise (light mayonnaise is fine)
1/4-1/2 cup salsa (adjust the mayo and salsa according to your taste)
1 4 oz. jar chopped pimentos
Put all ingredients except pimentos into bowl of food processor and mix until smooth. Stir in pimentos. Chill and serve.
Note: This spread keeps very well. I usually make a double batch and store in plastic containers in the fridge.

Comments